First and foremost, I hope you and yours are staying healthy during this trying time. Health is wealth.
This blog will only be of relevance to businesses operating in Ireland AND which have less than 50 employees.
So if you’re outside Ireland OR you have more than 50 employees, read no further and get on with your day!
Ok – the topic for today is the €2,500 Business Continuity Voucher scheme. This scheme was announced March 26th by Heather Humphreys – our Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation – and the vouchers are available through Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs).
The voucher provides upwards of €2500 worth of consultancy advice on a wide range of topics. The common theme is suggested by the title – “Business Continuity”. Availing of the voucher can help to firstly survive this tough period but also position yourself for the inevitable rebound that’s to come. And there will be a rebound – it’s “when” not “if”.
If you’re aware of the scheme and you’ve availed or are availing of it then well done.
If you’re unaware of the scheme I’d encourage you to find out more about it. This Local Enterprise page is an excellent resource. It includes a step-by-step guide on how to apply and also provides links to application forms.
NOTE: The pot of money made available by the government isn’t unlimited. And neither is the time. As the official blurb says, “Qualifying applications will be processed and assessed on the basis of their receipt by the LEO to such time as the fund is exhausted or on 15 May 2020, whichever is earlier.“
NOTE: When you apply you have the option of specifying a particular consultant whom you want to work with, e.g., someone whom you know who offers a type of help that would be of particular help to you at this particular time.
I’d be happy to help you, subject to approval by your LEO, if there was a good fit between what you need and what I can offer.
And the sort of areas where I could help you? Here are a few:
- Harnessing your employees’ ideas on how to ensure your business survives and is better positioned to rebound when the economy emerges from this mess. I know it’s a cliché but they are your most valuable asset and they have hearts and minds that can work in your favour.
- Uncovering what your customers are looking for from you – both now AND in the future. This will be done sensitively so you’re not seen to be profiteering opportunistically. The goal is to sensitively identify opportunities.
- Working closely with you to make you and your team more productive. (80:20 principle, accountability, masterminding, Eisenhower Matrix, etc.)
- Helping you identify your best customers so that you can focus more on them and on getting other customers like them. Note: Not all customers are not equal – and the difference between them is about more than simply revenue!
- Coaching you and/or your team on being productive while remote working. (I’ve been doing it full-time for about 13 years.)
If you want to find out more about the scheme in general and/or if you want to potentially get my help, grab a free 15-minute slot in my calendar here and we’ll take it from there.
Your business future depends in part on the seeds you sow or don’t sow now. The choice is yours!
To get my regular emails on productivity and effectiveness, sign up in the box that’s somewhere on this page – top right corner perhaps – or maybe immediately below this if you’re reading on a mobile device.